Tustin Community Preschool provides an enriching and stimulating, developmental preschool experience for young children through dedicated and committed parent participation.
Tustin Community Preschool is a cooperative preschool where the parent is actively involved in the program. A cooperative preschool is a place where the whole family learns together.
TCP offers a developmental preschool program. The curriculum provides experiences appropriate for the preschool child in a happy, safe environment. Each class is staffed with four working parents under the guidance of our director. Your child’s curriculum will include, but is definitely not limited to:
- Indoor creative play
- Circle time (story time, sharing, singing)
- Outdoor play (sensory tables, sand, playground and bikes)
- Daily art experiences
- Field Trips, such as, visits to the pumpkin patch, post office, fire station, bowling alley, train trip, and the tide pools.
- Small and large motor development activities
- Language development
- Ongoing music and gymnastic classes
Our teacher/director, Libby Kayl, has over 35 years of child development experience and has been the teacher/director at our school since 1986. She has been married to Carl Kayl since 1964 and they are very proud of their four children and ten grandchildren.
Our parent toddler teacher, Shelley Burnett, has been with TCP since 1999, with 3 children of her own.
Registration is open for children 2 years, 9 months (as of September 2nd) through 5 years of age. TCP is licensed by the State Department of Social Services to service healthy children only. Both parent and child must have a physical examination and a TB test on file before enrollment. The registration fee and one month’s tuition is due at the time of registration. These fees are non-refundable.
- Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9:00 -11:30 am
- Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 -11:30 am
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 12:00 - 2:30 pm
Tuesday & Friday 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
Tuesday or Wednesday Morning 9:00 -10:30 am
Wednesday Afternoon 12:15 - 1:45 pm